Despite all the efforts, many people find it hard to establish a connection between their wireless printer and the PC. And this is not a problem faced by a few users but many users come across this issue while they try connecting their printers.
Perhaps wireless printers reduce the clutter of connecting through cables and wires, however, they may be difficult to connect. As soon as you connect your printer successfully, you will be able to take the printouts without any hassle.
But, what if the printer stopped working in between the printer? Well, there could be nothing more annoying than that. However, there is always a way out of such problems and you can get rid of this problem as well. So, without wasting any more time, let us find out how we can fix wireless printer not communicating with the computer by troubleshooting your wireless printer in the following manner.
Method 1- some basic troubleshooting
· Ensure that your printer is properly connected to a power source.
· Check that it is connected to the same wireless network or not.
· Check what warning lights are trying to tell you.
· Look for the error messages or printer’s or computer’s display.
· Try connecting it with a USB cable and see if it helps.
· Uninstall printer drivers and repeat the HP Printer Wireless Setup.
· Take your wireless router near to the printer.
Method 2- set your printer as default
· Click on the ‘Start’ menu and go to the ‘Control Panel’.
· Select ‘Hardware and Sound’ followed by ‘Devices and Printers’.
· Locate the name of your printer and right-click on it.
· Then, select ‘Set as default printer’ > ‘OK/Yes’.
Method 3- Run the printer troubleshooter
· Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
· Locate the icon of your printer and right-click on it.
· Then, click on the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
Method 4- Disable the VPN
If you are using an antivirus, VPN, or firewall, then you must disable it because it might create a hurdle while your wireless printer tries to communicate with your computer. Generally, this helps a lot of users.
Method 5- update router firmware
To update the firmware of your router, you must refer to the instructions given on the router’s manual or seek the necessary help from the manufacturer on updating the firmware of the router.
If your Computer is still not communicating with the printer, then you need to contact your Internet Services Provider and ask him to reset your connectivity. Also, make sure that the IP address of the printer is Static.
Frequently Asked questions –
Remove the printer cable from the back of your printer and computer. Now, restart the printer and the computer. Remember, you have to look at the network card on the wireless printer to check if there is good communication between the printer and the network. Else, contact your Internet Service Provider.
In the Windows search bar, type in the “Printer” and then select the “Printers and scanners” option. Just hit the “Add a printer or scanner” option that pops up on the list. Now, choose the printer that you want your computer to recognize. Further, select “Add a Bluetooth” wireless or network discoverable printer. After this, choose the connected printer and you are good to go.
The USB cable enables the users to attach multiple devices like printers, hard drivers, and card readers to a single computer. However, the USB connection hub makes the devices available to one computer at a time. You just need to disconnect the USB from one computer and then attach it to another for sharing a printer with more than one computer.
In most cases, you just need to do is to set up a printer and you can do it by connecting it to the PC you are using. Just simply plug-in the USB cable from the printer into the available port on the PC and turn the printer on. By this, you can easily hook a printer up to a computer without any interruptions.
Visit Hp Wireless Printer S