The HP printers have a tray of options available for the users from printing to faxing and scanning. If we talk about scanning the HP Scanners can read almost any type of 2D images such as photographs or drawings. Remember, once you can scan the images you can send these to the PC desktop directly or to some other devices that can be connected to the HP printer. To do HP scan to computer, you just need the HP scan software that is installed on the computer. In this article, you will get to learn the helpful steps to perform an HP scan to computer.
HP scan to computer
Let us start the HP scan to computer process for Windows 10
Be it any HP printer hp OfficeJet 3830, hp OfficeJet 6600, hp OfficeJet 4630, hp envy 5530, hp envy 4502, hp OfficeJet pro 8600, hp OfficeJet pro 8710 or hp envy 4500, to initiate the scanning process is same for all. Here are the instructions are given below:-
· Turn on the HP printer and load papers in the tray and confirm that the ink and toner cartridges are installed properly.
· Place the item on the scanner glass that you wish to scan.
· Go to the “HP scan to computer” page to install the related apps from the MS Office store.
· Launch the app once the installation completes.
· Tap on the “Menu” icon and then open the settings window.
· Go to the “Select device” tab and then choose your HP Printer model.
· Tap on the “Document scan” option to make the modifications in any settings and then tap on the back arrow.
· Choose the outside of the settings menu and then tap on the “Capture docs/photos” option.
· When the hp scan to computer gets completed just tap on the “Save” button.
For the process to scan from HP to Mac devices, you need to follow the instructions given below:
· Plug into the scanner or HP printer and open the “Apple” menu.
· Tap on the “System Preferences” option and tap on the “View” option.
· After this, tap on the “Print&Scan” option and click on the “+” button.
· Choose the scanner and follow the on-screen instructions.
· Now, updated the scanner’s software and then click on the “Software Update” tab.
· Click on the “Update All” on screen and tap on the “Apple” menu.
· Tap on the “App Store” and tap on the “Updates” button and click on the “Update all” option.
· Place the document to your scanner and then open the “Spotlight” option.
· Just open the “Preview” button and tap on the “File” option.
· Choose “Import from scanner” and then click on the “Include Network Devices” option.
· Choose the scanner option and then tap on the “File” option.
· Tap on the “Import from scanner” and then tap on the “File” option and then click on the “Export as PDF” button.
· Enter the name and then choose the “save location” button and tap on the “Save” option.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
Hopefully, the steps to hp scan to computer that are discussed in this article will help you to process the HP Printer setup. If you still have confusion and issues with the steps then it is strongly recommended to visit the official HP customer support website or you can easily download the HP Print and scan doctor driver from the official website.
Frequently Asked Questions
· First of all, go to the “Start” menu and open the “Scan” application.
· Click on the “Show more” link to change the settings.
· Tap on the “Preview” option to make sure that your scan process appears on-screen.
· In the end, tap on the “Scan” option.
Make sure the HP printer is not on the offline mode and then tap on the “Start” button and then tap on the “All programs” option. Followed by this, just click on the “Windows Fax and Scan” button and tap on the “Scan” option. In the end, you just have to select the “Preview or scan” images as the separate files checkbox.
If HP printer to scan is not working it can be because the scan to PC might not be enabled or it can be because the full feature drivers are not installed on your PC or laptops. You just need to find the scan to the PC button and make sure it is enabled. Now, save the settings and restart the PC and HP printer to scan again.
Visit HP Scan And Doctor Website: