If you are unable to print from your Brother printer because it is showing ‘ Printer Offline ’ message, then learn How to Bring an Offline Brother Printer to Online or do some changes to your printer’s setting, and you will get your printer back online and you can continue to print your documents again. If you’re using brother printer offline fix windows 10.
How to get printer Offline to Online. Then you can resolve printer offline issue easily as it has a built-in feature for toggling between offline mode so that you can get back your Brother printer online. However, if your issue is still not resolved ‘printer offline to online‘ you may need to make some required changes with your printer setup & installation to restore normal printing functionality back.
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue:
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue:
STEP A: Verify the Brother machine is powered on and there are no errors
1. If your Brother machine's screen (hereinafter called LCD) is blank, the machine may not be powered on. Check the machine to see if it wakes from sleep mode.
2. If it does not, then make sure it is plugged into a working socket and any power switches are turned ON.
3. Check the LCD for any error messages. An example would be "Paper Jam" or "Ink/Toner Empty". If the LCD shows an error, troubleshoot the error to clear the issue indicated.
NOTE: If you are unable to power on the machine, then this solution does not apply. Go to Troubleshoot this hardware issue.
STEP B: Make sure the printer is connected to the computer
1. If using a USB cable, make sure the cable is connected to both the printer and computer.
2. Try connecting it directly to the computer and not via a hub.
3. If using an ethernet cable, make sure the cable is connected to both the printer and router/access point.
4. Print the network configuration page to check the IP address.
5. If using a wireless connection, print the network configuration page to check the IP address.
STEP C: (Windows): Make sure your Brother machine is set as the default printer
Open the printer folder and make sure there is a check mark on your Brother machine's icon:
1. Open the Control Panel. (Click here to see how to open the Control Panel.)
2. Click Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
3. Click Start > Devices and Printers.
4. If the check mark is not on your Brother machine, right-click the icon for your Brother machine and select Set as default printer.
STEP D : (Windows): Delete all printer jobs from the Devices and Printers window
1. Right-click the icon for your Brother machine > See what's printing > Printer > Cancel All Documents.
2. If Cancel All Documents is gray out like below, click Open As Administrator. Enter the password for an administrator and click Yes.
STEP E: (Windows): Check the printer status in the Devices and Printers window
If the printer status is Offline
1. Right-click the icon for your Brother machine > See what's printing > Printer > Use Printer Offline (removes the checkmark).
2. If Use Printer Offline is gray out, click Open As Administrator. Enter your administrator password, and then click Yes.
If the printer status is Paused
1. Right-click the icon for your Brother machine > See what's printing > Printer > Pause Printing (removes the checkmark).
2. If Pause Printing is gray out, click Open As Administrator. Enter the password for an administrator and click Yes.
STEP F (Windows): If a copy of your Brother machine's icon (For example: Brother XXX-XXXX (Copy 1)) is listed in the Devices and Printers
A copy of your printer with the same printer name may be created if you:
1. Changed the USB port on your computer which is connected to the Brother machine.
2. Installed the same printer driver multiple times.
This may lead to some copies of your printer driver not working correctly. To print, select a printer driver that you know is working.
To check which printer driver is working, do the following:
Turn the Brother machine on. If any other machines are connected, only turn the Brother machine on that you want to use.
1. Open the printer folder
2. Open the Control Panel. (Click here to see how to open the Control Panel.)
3. Click Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
4. Click Start > Device and Printers.
5. Hover the cursor over the printer icon until the printer status pop-up appears.
6. If the status is Ready, it means the printer driver is working correctly. Select this printer driver when printing.
7. If you always want to print using this printer, right-click the icon of the machine and select Set as default printer. The check mark will appear on the machine's icon and when you next print, this printer driver will be selected automatically.
STEP C (macOS): Make sure you are using the correct Printer Driver for the Brother machine.
1. Select Apple Menu > System Preferences > Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
2. Select your Brother machine in the Printers section.
3. Verify which printer driver is used. This can b