HP error 49.4 c02 – try these fixes
Printers that get older with time or have some technical fault in it may undergo some of the common problems every now and then. In case you are coming across HP error code 49.4 c02, then the main reason why you might be seeing is because of a stuck print job. Although there could be other reasons as well, this is the main issue behind it. In this scenario, the first thing you can try is deleting the print jobs, if there are any. You can find the easy steps for doing the same in the guide given below. If this doesn’t work, then you may disable the advanced printing features.
There are certain workarounds that you can try in order to get rid of the issue immediately. These solutions are listed below:
· The first thing you can try is to delete any print jobs from the print queue.
· Next, you can try printing a test page.
· If that doesn’t work, then you may disable Advanced Printing Features.
· Make sure that you are using the Franklin Gothic Book font.
· You can also try to update the firmware of your device.
· If nothing seems to work, get in touch with your printer’s manufacturer.
· Detailed workarounds for fixing HP printer error code 49.4 c02
Solution 1- Delete the print jobs
To delete the print job stuck in the print queue, you need to locate the little icon of the printer. This will be available at the bottom right-hand corner of your PC. Now, you need to right-click on this icon to open the print queue. When the list of ‘options’ opens, you need to delete all the jobs. You may also try this workaround in case you see the “HP Printer in error state” message on your screen
Solution 2- Print a test page to know the cause of the error
To do this, you need to power off the printer and then disconnect all the cables from it. After this, power on the printer once again. While the cable is disconnected, if the printer switches to a ready state, at that time, print a test page. In case you could successfully print a test page, then the problem definitely lies with the print jobs in the print queue. If this doesn’t help, try the following solution.
Solution 3- Disable Advanced Printing Features
· Execute the following steps in a systematic way:
· First of all, go to the Windows Logo printers.
· After this, select the ‘printer queue’ option.
· Further, left-click and choose ‘Printing preferences’.
· Now, you need to select the ‘Advance’ option.
· Next, select the ‘Advance Printing Features’ present under the ‘Document’ option.
· Further, you need to change it to a Disabled state.
Once again, print a test page. If this doesn’t help, try the following solution. Other than this, you can also check whether you’re using the Franklin Gothic Book font or not. If not, then set the printer’s font as his one.
Solution 4- Update the firmware of your device
While the printer is connected to the computer with a parallel cable, at that time, you need to flash your printer’s firmware.
Solution 5- Get in touch with the manufacturer of your printer
In case, no workaround works in this scenario, then you may try to get help from HP Support team. You can contact them by finding out the contact details on the official website of HP.
This is the final resort when you cannot fix any problem on your own. This is because some technical issues need the immediate assistance of experts. Therefore, if you wish to get rid of the problem at the earliest, then contacting HP is the next best thing you can do.
Visit HP Printer Troubleshoot Website :
Read More Blogs: