Call at our Experience Customer Support +1 631 446 7844
Are you seeing a PCL xl error printer while printing from your HP Printer and do not know what to do? If that is the case, then worry no more because we have a possible fix for you to get rid of this error instantaneously.
pcl xl error printer
The issue usually arrives in HP LaserJet P2050 Printer and other LaserJet series of HP. So, let us first know what the error is about and what does it mean, and then we shall be discussing the ways to fix it.
What does PCL xl error mean?
This error usually shows up on your screen when a number of documents are sent for printing simultaneously. This thing happens when the printer driver is corrupt or there is an issue in the printer’s settings. You may also see the hp printer PCL xl error insufficient memory which occurs because of an issue in the new Unidrv.
When you see your printer in error state, then you may try the following workarounds. These solutions will help the people to resolve PCL xl error when printing.
Try these workarounds:
· Renaming the files that are associated with your printer might help.
· Try updating your printer’s driver.
· Customize your printer’s settings accordingly.
Method 1- rename the printer’s associated files
By using this trick, hopefully, you will be able to get rid of the error.
· Go to the following location after opening the File Explorer.
· After this, under this folder, filter the file type.
· Now, locate all the files with the .gpd extension.
· You can do this by clicking down arrow next to Type.
· Choose GPD File and rename all these files with .gpd extension with the desired name.
· Before doing so, it’s recommended to backup these files first.
· Now, you need to save your changes and restart your computer.
· Try to print a test page and see if it fixes your PCL XL Error or not.
Method 2- Update HP Printer driver
In case of a missing or outdated printer driver, the printer starts to function improperly. This could be the same reason for the occurrence of pcl xl error printer. To get rid of the error, you are suggested to update your printer driver to the latest version.
You can manually update the HP printer drivers by navigating to the official website of HP and looking for updates. If you have installed the drivers recently, then you do not need to do it again.
Method 3- Change your printer’s printing settings
Most of the time, the wrong configuration in the printing settings are the main cause of the errors. In such a situation, it is recommended to customize these settings accordingly. In Windows 10, you can follow the steps given below:
· Initially, open the control panel of your device.
· Change the ‘view by’ settings to large or small icons.
· After this, click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ setting.
· Right-click on the name of your printer.
· Now, select ‘Printing Preferences’.
· Further, you need to select the ‘Advanced’ tab.
· In the TrueType Font option, set Download as Softfont.